Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pee-Palooza - the Journey is just beginning...

So, the long weekend may be over - but our adventures in potty training are really just beginning.


I am so thankful that we have had this time to focus on getting started and figure out some strategies.

Yesterday was my first day home alone with the boys in undies - I was also diagnosed with Strep, but at least that means I am on meds now and starting to feel better.
Yesterday was awesome - only one pee and one poop accident all day.  We took the kiddos to Chick Fil-A for family night and then to go grocery shopping.... they did so great (this was where we had the one poop accident, but it wasn't too big and we had supplies to deal with it.)  I was seriously feeling 'fist-pump-in-the-air' awesome when we put them down to bed.

Then this morning we have had three puddle accidents in less than an hour - sigh, and deflate the ego.

If you are going to potty train twins - resign yourself tot he fact that you will do at least one load of laundry every day just for them!

The truth is that the boys have been doing so great overall, but they are still learning - and I am still learning!  Going forward we will have great days and not so great days, and they are all part of the process.

The things I feel like the boys have grown in:

  • A can do the whole process by himself (taking off his underwear, climbing up on the potty, climbing up, and flushing)
  • Both boys are waking up dry from naps
  • Both boys have started occasionally waking up dry from night
  • When they aren't distracted, or uninterested - both boys will tell me they need to go ;op


Thank you for all the prayers and words of encouragement - and keep them coming - I think we'll be at this for a while!

1 comment:

  1. It gets better. There were days I thought I was going to go insane, but we pulled through. It was the opposite for us, b took right to and a took a little more work. I think the twin factor actually helped us there. B would encourage and cheer for his brother with each success. (And you got the laundry thing right. I think only moms to multiples will understand that one.)

    ReplyDelete